Last Updated: April 2022
Welcome to VEPA™ by M Power Software. At MPower (“MPower” or “we“), we take your privacy very seriously. MPower is solution integrator that focuses on helping seniors in long term cares, senior homes and hospice by providing rapid response to resident inquires in timely efficient way using VEPA voice assistant and leveraging smart technology to simultaneously improve quality of care. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, store and protect your personal information when you use our VEPA APP and products that you connect to it (collectively, the “products“).
When we use the following terms in this privacy notice, this is what we mean:
- “personal data” refer to information that identifies you, either from that information alone, or from that information combined with other information we may have about you;
- “smart device” refers to those nonstandard computing devices produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers, with human-machine interface and the ability to transmit data that connect wirelessly to a network, including voice assistant, smart switches, controllers and smart buttons;
- “App” refers to the VEPA™ APP which allows you as an end user to setup and configure your environment and take action on resident requests.
What information do we collect
In order to provide the VEPA™ APP, we collect various types of information, which may include personal data, as detailed below:
Information you provide to us:
VEPA Account Information
Personal data that is collected while creating a VEPA Account may include information like your nickname, profile picture, email address, phone number, country and time zone.
Information we automatically collect:
User Device Information
When you use our products, we automatically collect user device information such as your device model, MAC address, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, unique device identifier, VEPA App version number, push notification identifier and log files.
Smart Devices Related Information
- Information from your Smart Devices: when you connect your smart devices with our APP, we collect information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
- Information Reported by your Smart Devices: depending on the Smart Devices you elect to connect to our APP, we will collect information reported by your smart device. For example, turning lights on/off, opening the blinds or triggering the call bell.
We collect your infrared remote control information which is needed to control infrared equipment with VEPA™ assistant.
Statistical and other usage information
We keep track of user activity and performance metrics related to your use of the VEPA™ APP by collecting statistical and aggregated data which do not identify you.
How do we use your information
We use the information and personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our products: we process your account and profile data, device information, usage data, location information, and smart device related information to provide the products and services that you requested or purchased
- Improve our products: we process your device information, usage data, location information and smart device related information to ensure the functions and safety of our products, to develop and improve our products and services, to analyze the efficiency of our operations, and to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate usage
- Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal procedures; (c) to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use your personal data in this context based on the contract that we have in place with you or our legitimate interest for security purposes (e.g. the prevention and investigation of fraudulent activities). Your personal data will be deleted based on the terms of the contract.
Who do we share your information with
We will not share or disclose your personal data other than as specified in this privacy notice.
We may share your personal data with the following recipients:
- with our third-party service providers which perform certain business-related functions for us, such as platform provider, website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support services, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable us to provide our products
- with subsidiaries or affiliates within our corporate family for purposes consistent with this privacy notice
- with an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, amalgamation, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal procedures; (c) to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities, including public and governmental authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
You may also choose to connect with third party services such as Google (if you choose to connect VEPA platform to Google Assistant) and Amazon (if you choose to connect the VEPA platform to Amazon Alexa). You should review the privacy notice of such service providers to understand how they process your personal data.
We do not share any personal data for marketing purposes and do not sell personal data.
We use appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. The security measures used to protect your personal data include having a password to access your account. You can help prevent unauthorized access to your account and device by choosing a strong password and protecting it appropriately. It is also recommended to limit access to your devices and to sign off after you have finished accessing your account.
Information retention period
We will retain your information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this privacy notice. We may retain it for a longer period if required or permitted by law.
Delete Your Information
You may request to delete your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Please note that there are exceptions where MPower does not have to fulfill a request to delete information, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with the completion of a transaction or compliance with a legal obligation.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy notice or how we process your personal data, please contact us at:
M Power Software Corp.
TechPlace | 5500 North Service Road, Suite 801
Burlington, ON L7L 6W6
Phone: +1 (647) 800-8895
Changes to this Privacy Notice